Understanding Your Knee Replacement with the VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution
A knee replacement is a procedure performed to fix the damaged parts of a knee with different types of implants1. Advanced technology like robotic-assisted devices can help your surgeon perform a precise knee replacement surgery personalized for your specific anatomy2.
Every knee is different, as is every patient requiring a knee replacement procedure.
The VELYS™ Robotic-Assisted Solution assists your surgeon in optimizing surgical outcomes. It does this by using intra operative data that’s unique to you. Your surgeon utilizes the technology during your procedure to enhance the accuracy and precision of your knee replacement to help you start moving again2.
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution uses a variety of advanced technologies to ensure the surgeon has the information and tools they need to perform a highly accurate and precise knee replacement2. This solution is designed to:
- Aid your surgeon by accessing state-of-the-art technology to provide insights for real-time decision making
- Help your surgeon remove the damaged bone with accuracy. This robotic-assisted device does not move or operate on its own.
- Use an infrared camera and optical trackers to help your surgeon gather the necessary data about your anatomy to achieve a high level of precision
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution works exclusively with the ATTUNE® Knee System. The ATTUNE Knee System has been provided to over 1 million patients worldwide and is designed to deliver a greater range of motion and faster recovery, so you can get back to living the life you want to live.3,4,8
Robotic-assisted knee replacement:
- Technology controlled by the surgeon2
- May experience less pain and a fasterrecovery4,8
- More consistent outcomes2 (inconsistencies can affect recovery)
Traditional knee replacement:
- Hand-held tool
- May experience a longer recovery time4,7-8
- There may be more variability in the surgical processes and outcomes4
There are a number of potential benefits to using this technology for your knee replacement.* During your procedure, the technology will gather details and data related to your knee to help find a favorable implant fit. Additionally, robotic-assisted technology may allow your surgeon to perform a knee replacement tailored to you, while providing both precision and accuracy during your procedure2.
Robotic-assisted technology may deliver*:
- A greater range of motion (how well you can bend and flex your knee after surgery)4
- Less pain compared to traditional methods4
- Faster recovery times (reduced length of hospital stay, hospital readmissions, and health visits)4,7,8
* Findings based on studies conducted across multiple robotic-assisted total knee replacement systems.
- What type of knee replacement do you think is appropriate for my situation?
- What are the other knee replacement techniques and technologies available? How do they compare to the VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution?
- Can knee replacement surgery help relieve my pain and stiffness?
- What are the benefits and risks of knee replacement surgery?
- How long will it take to recover and rehabilitate from knee replacement with the VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution? And what is my role in recovery and rehabilitation?
- If I choose to undergo technology-assisted knee replacement surgery, will I be able to resume daily activities?