Jeffrey Klassen, M.D.
Orthopedic Surgery, Orthopedics
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center - Crosby
Cuyuna Regional Medical Center - Baxter
About This Provider:
Fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon Jeffrey Klassen, M.D., who specializes in shoulder and elbow injuries and conditions of all age groups, joined the medical staff of Cuyuna Regional Medical Center in January 2021. Dr. Klassen’s practice includes treatment for shoulder arthroscopy, shoulder instability surgery, rotator cuff repair/reconstruction, total and reverse total shoulder replacement, sports, and trauma-related elbow ligamentous and reconstructive surgery, elbow arthroscopy, management of the stiff elbow, and total elbow arthroplasty. Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dr. Klassen completed a Fellowship and Residency in shoulder and elbow surgery at Mayo Clinic School of Medicine. He earned his Medical Degree at the University of Minnesota School of Medicine. Dr. Klassen came to the area from Twin Cities Orthopedics in Edina and has additional experience practicing at Essentia Medical Group in Duluth. He also served as an assistant clinical professor at the University of Minnesota-Duluth School of Medicine and as the university’s men’s hockey team physician.
Publication - Journal Articles:
- Shannon BD, Klassen JF, Rand JA, Berry DJ, Trousdale RT. Revision total knee anthroplasty with cemented components and uncemented intramedullary stems. J Arthroplasty 2003;4(1 ):58-63.
- Klassen JF, Trousdale RT. Treatment and outcome of patellar nonunions. J Orthop Trauma 1997 Apr; 11(3):188-194. Epub 1997/04/01. PubMed PMID: 9181502.
- Klassen JF, An Kai-Nan, Morrey BF. The surgical anatomy and function of the acromioclavicular ligaments. Operative Tech In Sports Medicine 1997;4(2):60-64.
- Klassen JF, Cofield RH. Surgical management of scapular fractures. Operative Tech In Orth 1994;4(1):58-63.
- Isolation and characterization of articular cartilage chondrocyte clone cells. Orthopaedic Biochemistry Labs; University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. Research advisors: Theodore Oegema, Ph.D. and Gary Banks, MD. Pilot study to be published along with fellow Ph.D. thesis on type 10 collagen characterization and clone cell production.
Presentations & Professional Meetings:
- "Adult Reconstruction Meeting". Stryker Orthopedics, Aspen, CO. 2007.
- "Advances in Technology and Techniques in Total Joint Replacement Surgery". Stryker Orthopedics. 2006.
- "Long Term Follow-Up of Surgical Management of Extrophy of the Bladder". Minnesota Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting. 1996.
- "Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty with Cemented Components and Uncemented lntramedulary Stems". Minnesota Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting. 1996.
- "Treatment and Outcome of Patellar Nonunions". AAOS Annual Meeting. 1995.
- "Treatment and Outcome of Patellar Nonunions". Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting. 1995.
- "Treatment and Outcome of Patellar Nonunions". Minnesota Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting. 1995.
- "The Influence of Femoral Component Design Changes on the Clinical and Radiographic Outcome of Uncemented Total Hip Arthoplasty". Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting. 1995.
- "Tensile Strength Testing of the Acromioclavicular Ligamentous System" (Preliminary Report). Mayo Clinic Symposium on Sports Medicine. 1995.